Re: SMP related oops when booting 2.1.112

Patrick Kursawe (kursawe@anachem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de)
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:21:59 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Michel Eyckmans (MCE) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> While booting 2.1.112 (compiled with gcc 2.7.2.3), I get the following
> oops (written doen manually an then typed in again, so I can only hope
> there are no typos):
>
> Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address c6800288

[rest snipped]

I had the same or at least very similar Oops when I tried to boot 2.1.112,
but was just too lazy to write it down manually and then type it in again,
sorry.

My kernel was compiled with egcs 1.0.3, I am using a gigabyte 586DX board
with 2xP133.

Bye, Patrick

Patrick Kursawe Patrick.Kursawe@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Hohenzollernstr. 69 http://www.anachem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/patrick
45128 Essen saft://zaphod.anachem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/kursawe
Who needs windows and gates in a world without walls and fences?