Re: 2.1.112: Console funnies _almost_ cured

Michael L. Galbraith (mikeg@weiden.de)
Sat, 1 Aug 1998 00:36:05 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, Jon M. Taylor wrote:

> > Michael> My machine won't boot if I use (scanned) VESA fb modes (card
> > Michael> switches ok, but box goes beepitybeepbeep forever or until
> > Michael> CtrlAltDel at which time beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee) which I
> > Michael> think is my AMI bios, so was booted in plain vga fb (80x25).
> >
> > AFAICT, the scan option does not list vesafb compatable VESA modes at
> > all.
>
> Why? This iseems to be causing confusion.

Yeah, scan combined with incompletely read docs made for some confusion.

I had 2 modes picked out of the docs to try out, but when I did scan and
129, 12b and 12c came back (far from 305 316) I figured that's what I was
stuck with no matter what they are ('VESA' appears after scan) and just
gave what was listed a go.. I mean nogo.

-Mike