Re: 2.1.111: IDE DMA disabled...BLAH...BLAH...

Andrew Derrick Balsa (andrebalsa@altern.org)
Sat, 01 Aug 1998 01:50:45 +0000

Hi,

Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > I found the following in the all the drivers (Windows 3.11, OS/2, NetWare,
> > NT, Windows 95) for my SiS PCI UDMA 5513 IDE chipset.
>
> Does anybody have a program to switch the bytes around ;)
>
> Alan, do they bear any resemblance to a superset of your list onc eyou
> decode the byte swapping?

Linus, that is probably a whitelist included in the SiS 5513 driver. It
is probably there to signal those drives that can have DMA mode2 enabled
by default on them.

I have _never_ seen a blacklist in _any_ DMA mode2 driver for Windogs.

Cheers,

--
Andrew D. Balsa
andrebalsa@altern.org