Re: Support for YMF724 soundcards?

Alan Clucas (orb@btinternet.com)
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 22:50:54 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Are there any plans for support of the YMF724 sound chips used on many
> > inexpensive PCI sound cards?
>
> Nobody is currently working on YMF724 cards , you are in luck, its your
> golden chance to write a driver

I had a look for the specs for this a couple of weeks ago but they didn't
have anything on the yamaha web pages. I have one of these and was
thinking of taking a stab at a driver... does anyone know where I can get
the specs from, or shall I just find a random e-mail address at yamaha and
try badgering them from there?

Alan