Re: The Basted Turkey Release (aka 2.1.130)

Heinz Ulrich Stille (Heinz.Ulrich.Stille@mbi-os.de)
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 14:43:26 +0100

Hi!

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>by completely ignoring them, sitting in a corner with your own basted
>turkey, and getting wasted on red wine. Much more fun than your average
>thanksgiving dinner,

More fun? Rather getting wasted because my Ruffian is sitting in its corner
and completely ignoring me while pretending to calibrate the delay loop.
Seems like it didn't take to the alpha updates.

BTW, with everyone yapping about Y2K - is the kernel patch-256-safe? I
got worried after 2.1.127, but it seems to be at least 8 bit; anyhow,
I seem recall some `freeze' or other from quite a while back and it hasn't
stopped the patches up till now...

MfG, Ulrich

--
What's the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets
of fate if you can't blow something up?