Re: typo in scsi_obsolete.c

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 23:14:43 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998, Gerard Roudier wrote:

>> + /* FIXME: last_reset == 0 is allowed */

This mean last_reset == 0 is the same as last_reset == 1 or last_reset ==
-1.

>This comment does not make sense for a variable that wraps around.

Woops, I think that you have misunderstood the comment or my comments
sounds bad... ;)

>By the way, the ncr53c8xx driver assumes that linux will be rebooted
>before the 497 days uptime that wraps jiffies around.

If this is true (as I just said some time ago), you should at least change
the:

jiffies++

with

if (!(jiffies+1))
{
sync();
panic("jiffies wrap");
}
jiffies++;

You should also document the thing. I am not aware of a FAQ that say that
linux has to be resetted on day 497.

I think we are lucky though since the reset-scsi code is the only thing I
am aware that isn' t jiffy wrap compliant (or at least not trivially
fixable) right now. I' ll spend my next spare time on it infact.

Ideas and comments are always welcome...

Andrea Arcangeli