Re: autofs/smbfs - delayed mounting?

Urban Widmark (urban@svenskatest.se)
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 09:35:34 +0100 (MET)

On 28 Nov 1998, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> This implies smbmount returns before the mount is complete (does it
> try to do it in the background?) This is bad.

Yes, apparently it forks of a child (which stays running, remounting the
drive if smbfs tells it to) and the parent exit()'s before anything has
been mounted.

This looks like a samba/smbfs problem, I'll report it to/fix it for them,
unless you or someone else already has. Thanks for pointing me in the
right direction.

/Urban, cc'd l-k since someone other than hpa read the original message
(I really must learn not to delete mail as soon as I read it :)

---
Urban Widmark                           urban@svenskatest.se
Svenska Test AB                         +46 90 71 71 23