Re: mozilla+XFree86+Linux-2.1.x => HARD LOCKUP (addition)

Tue, 8 Dec 1998 15:41:06 +0000

On Tue, Dec 08, 1998 at 09:21:30AM -0600, Andre M. Hedrick wrote:
> Sheesh, before you all get wierd........what is the complaint against
> IDE-VIA. There is a pile of new additions to the chipset to program/setup
> the fifo size and assignments to both hwifs...........

The FIFO setup thing hasn't made any noticable difference here. Speeds
are the same. IDE DMA lockups occur with the same low frequency, unless
I do hdparm -X34 which eliminates them for me.

What I'd really like to know is, can you make my VP2/97 chipset talk
UDMA? (Despite looking at FIC's web site, I still can't figure out if
it should be able to! :-)

-- Jamie