Re: Linux/98?!?

Dominik Kubla (dominik.kubla@uni-mainz.de)
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 19:21:52 +0100

On Tue, Dec 08, 1998 at 09:57:26AM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Alan Cox wrote:
> > They may have MCA busses but thats not the reason - the MCA port has been
> > round since the 1.0 era but just never merged before.
>
> AFAIK Linux/PPC doesn't run on RS/6000s with MCA, only with PCI.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Geert

That's correct. The reason is that PS/2 MCA compares to RS/6000 MCA
roughly like PCI to AGP (well not quite, but you get the picture...)

Dominik Kubla

--
The text above represents my personal opinion and does not represent the
official position of my employer on the issue(s) discussed.  Any official