Re: Linux threads -- as seen in NT Magazine

Alan Olsen (alano@adams.pcx.ncd.com)
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 16:10:56 -0800

On Dec 7, 2:27pm, Scott Doty wrote:
> Subject: Linux threads -- as seen in NT Magazine
> Hello,
>
> Please excuse me if this is inappropriate for linux-kernel.
>
> The December issue of _Windows NT Magazine_ features an article:
> "NT vs. Unix." The article includes a sidebar "Linux and
> the Enterprise," which begins:

[FUD Snipped]

I think we are starting to see the Microsoft gameplan step up a bit. Be
prepared for FUD up to your eyeballs. There will be articles on how Linux will
turn your kids into evil hacker d00dz, turn your motherboard green, draw
spammers to your e-mail account, use more electricity than NT, and get you
fired and/or thrown in jail. Every manner of lie, innuendo, half-truth and
clueless rambling will be used against, not only Linux, but Linux users.

How do I know this? Some of these attacks have already appeared in the press.
(OK, not many, but there will be more.) Microsoft has only begun to fight
back.

On a similar note:

ZDnet (publisher of some outstanding anti-Linux FUD) has registered
"linuxbiz.com" as a domain. It is not alive yet, but expectations for it being
anything positive are not good. (Reading slashdot.org does have some uses. ]:>
)

Maybe we should send over Tux with a baseball bat for a good talk... (ala
www.kmfms.com.)

--
Alan Olsen