Re: 2.1.131-ac5 - I2O is great to have but does not build...

Serguei Koubouchine (ksi@gu.net)
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 16:06:09 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Mike Jagdis wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, Serguei Koubouchine wrote:
>
> > Is there anybody developing iBCS in here?
>
> Yeah...
>
> > May be we'd better expect a new iBCS
> > snapshot in a coupla day?
>
> No. At least, not that fixes this problem. I try and find the
> time to keep iBCS 2.1 up to date against the "official"
> development kernel but don't track other kernels. I suspect
> that anything that changes msg.h enough to break iBCS also
> has implications for existing binaries so will have a difficult
> time getting past Linus. I hope :-).

So I'd rather hack 2.1.131-ac6 to bring the old ipc code back...

Alan, d'ya have any comments regarding this ? I'm about to release a
distribution of KSI Linux based on 2.1.xxx, so I'd like to make a right
decision...

BTW, Alan do you have any plans to include networking patches from Alexey
Kuznetsov (kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru) ? I can send you his patchset made against
2.1.131-ac6...