Re: reproducable kernel crash

Khimenko Victor (khim@sch57.msk.ru)
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 00:44:53 +0300 (MSK)

10-Dec-98 20:01 you wrote:
>> What's the best workaround? I presume it would have to be kernel based
>> in order to re-program the card.....

> The off swich

>> But a more suitable kernel response to such "dead" cards is required.

> Well the best you can seriously do is go mac addr FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF yep
> right , print Win98 ate your computer and not load the driver.

I'm not sure that there are problems are in Win98 at all. For example my IBM
EtherJet ISA card will be detected ONLY after cold reboot (via power off/power on;
no options for shutdown will help) without any Windown in that comp (IBM Aptiva) :-((
Yes, this is less harmfull then with 3c905b -- no kernel crash, just card will not
be detected at all but point is that this happens without help from "evil OS"...