Re: BUG in rmdir changes (was: Strange umount problem under Linu

Jeremy Fitzhardinge (jeremy@goop.org)
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 08:38:50 -0800 (PST)

On 10-Dec-98 Matthias Hanisch wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, H.J. Lu wrote:
>
>> > I've seen the same behavior and did some more investigations yesterday.
>> > The problem are the rmdir changes in the VFS introduced with 2.1.131.
>
> I just want to mention that the above problem is NOT caused by dynamic
> linking together with ldconfig because I've relinked init with the "rpath"
> feature so ld.so.cache isn't touched.
>
> By the way this problem is reproducable with every mounted partition (even
> MSDOS filesystems) so there must be something wrong in the VFS rmdir code.
>
> Am I the only poor soul that sees this problem?

I see a related problem. While building egcs-1.1.1 on a PPC running 2.1.131,
an rm -rf hangs in the D state forever. Its pretty reproducable, but I haven't
tracked down what's actually causing the problem.