Re: ARRGHH !!! Gated is broken again in 2.1.131 ...

Mr. James W. Laferriere (babydr@baby-dragons.com)
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 15:31:31 -0800 (PST)

Hello Alexey,

On Sun, 13 Dec 1998 kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru wrote:
> Hello!
>
> > OK, I think I see the area in 'sscanf(...)' . Their is only one
> > entry that is numeric in the whole string a '%02x' .
> Yes.
OK, I got it right then.
I placed an #ifdef around the one for linux and am testing it
out now .

> > But why did this rear it's head after 2.1.125(or so) ?
> > I have been using 3.5.x series on my 2.1.12x system at home
> > for some time now . :-}
> I have no idea 8) For me it complained even in 2.0, but only
> on routes, added by previous instanse of itself (loopback and aggregate
> rejects). In 2.1 it always complains on all the routes.
Hmmm, I just tried it again on a 2.1.129(oldest 2.1 I have)
and it fails miserably (same error as above) . The gated version
was v4.0.2 there .

> > Heck, I'll just give it a try . ;-)
> Seems, I accumulated some stamina and will port it back to 3.5
> and prune the most weird hacks from the patch.
This would be a -very good- thing, And many thanks !
May I suggest 3-5-10 for the back porting effort, although
3-5-9 would probably be cleanest . The 3-5-10 has had a
complete rewrite of src/krt_ifread_ioclt.c . And is causing
a bunch of grief, so that no one will use 3-5-10 under linux
that has P2P links defined . The Daemon just fails no errors
output or anything . I did an strace of gated & have it posted,
I'll send the URL: directly .

> > You mean the one reported by Serguei Koubouchine ?
> Yes, it was broken masquerading.
OK .