Re: network loopback doesn't work in 2.2.1?

Michael Slade (mslade@cit.nepean.uws.edu.au)
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 19:28:46 +1100

Marc Lehmann wrote:

> After booting 2.2.1, I found that, although the loopback interface was
> up, no route was pointing to it, and "telnet 127.1" didn't connect but
> eventually timed out.

[snip]

I had a similar problem when I upgraded from 2.0.36 to 2.2.0pre9. As it
turns out, the routing and interface stuff has changed somewhat, so your
network configure scripts need some tweaking. This worked for me:

ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1 up

Also make sure you have the right net-tools. (1.49 or later I think).

Mick.