Re: rename is idiotic (was Re: VFAT rename)

Jens Benecke (jens@pinguin.conetix.de)
Mon, 24 May 1999 14:07:44 +0200

On Fri, May 21, 1999 at 02:11:37AM +0200, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> In article <37428748.1F44F98E@setec.fi> you wrote:
> >> Capitalization should not matter for interpretation of a file name
> >> just as it doesn't matter for interpreting words in any human
> >> language.
> Umm... "Ein Paar" in german means... "a pair (2)" and "ein paar" in
> German means "a bunch (>1)".

What about, in case German doesn't count here <g> things like

" I'm going to Redwood High _School_" vs.
" I'm going to _school_ "

?

One is a name, the other is just a description, names are capitalized.

--
_ciao, Jens_______________________________ http://www.pinguin.conetix.de

Anyone comfortable with using Linux shall use it. | "I'm afraid Linux has a Anyone wanting to tell other people what they | year-429496 problem" should be using can go work for Microsoft. | -- Kernel mailing list