Re: Support for these items

georgek@netwrx1.com
Tue, 25 May 1999 19:02:16 +0000

On Sun, 23 May 1999 23:57:23 GMT, you wrote:

>Hello:
>
>I'm building a linux server here using Caldera OpenLinux 2.2 (2.2.5
>kernel) and have 2 questions:
>
>1) Is the Adaptec 2910B PCI SCSI card supported and if so what kernel
>option needs to be compiled in...I didn't see an obvious one....
>
>2) IS the 3Com 3C509B-TXNM 10/100MB PCI Ethernet card supported and
>again which is the appropriate option to pick....
>
>I've tried the obvious ones here and have had no success, thanks for
>any help you can give.
>
>George
I'll answer my own question here (a novel idea...) yes, they work just
great...helps if the PCI slots on the motherboard they are plugged
into are also functional....they weren't then again neither was the
Floppy Controller as I found out...so much for NEW hardware....got a
new board here (with working slots and FDC) and all is well.

George

George, MR. Tibbs & The Beast Kasica
West Allis, WI USA
georgek@netwrx1.com