Re: New kernel features - How?

alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk
Thu, 27 May 1999 11:23:59 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 23 May 1999, Sasi Peter wrote:

> 1.) Is there some FB support for ET6100? 60Hz VESA modes are very bad to
> the eye... :(
> 2.) How I can load my own font table for console when using FB? (I must
> use a font with some mapping to have my national chars as well as the
> border chars in place, and because of the 9th pixel the border chars
> have to be for the VGA card in a fixed position, where for the linux
> side the charcodes for the national chars are. I have this font and
> map file, but how do I load them under FB?)
> 3.) How do I tell the FB subsystem, that I have another videocard too?

Read my HOWTO - it's at
http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk/programming/prog.html. That should help
you get sorted out.

For multi-headed support, there is a separate HOWTO for this by someone
else, but unfortunately, I am still waiting for him to give me a proper
URL!

Cheers,
Alex.

--
"The Bible was written by the same people who said the Earth was flat!"

http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk