Re: "lost interrupt" in ide.c / ide-cd.c

Delman Lee (delman@earthling.net)
Thu, 27 May 1999 19:29:58 +0100

Matthias Riese wrote:

> As i described, problems vanished with disabling dma for these
> flaky drives. You can also disable dma for these drives at bootup, if you disable
> "dma by default" in kernel options and put something like hda=dma
> on the kernel commandline (lilo.conf / append=)
>
> No, im not using SMP.
> i did have the same problems with 2.2.0pre9, but i did not try 2.2.[78].

Hi,

DMA is disabled on my system by default. Looks like I have a different problem
from yours. I tried it with 2.2.9 UP and it boots up fine. 2.2.9 SMP is no good.
(Both compiled with gcc-2.7.2.3).

With 2.2.9 SMP, I have also observed that sometimes it continually prints "lost
interrupt" during the partition check, but sometimes the system hangs completely
at the partition check.

Delman