Re: Mysterious lockups in 2.2.9.

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Thu, 27 May 1999 18:13:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 25 May 1999, Brian Schau wrote:

> Join the club. I suspect the scsi-layer to be the culprit. It's the
> only difference between my 2.2.9-machine (pure-scsi) at home and my
> 2.2.9-machine (pure-ide) at work.
>
> I never encountered lockups in 2.2.5 or 2.2.7 ...

Hmm. I'm usually quite adept at breaking kernels (bad luck, perhaps?),
but haven't had so much as a hiccup from 2.2.9 + Trond's NFSv3 client
patch + HJ/gam's server patches. I'm running three boxes fairly
constantly, an AMD 5x86/133, an Intel P166 and a dual-Pentium II SMP
machine. All the drive subsystems are exclusively SCSI (NCR53Cxx, Adaptec
7880, 7895 respectively - mix of drives). Networked with 100Base ethernet
and all crossmounted with each other via NFS (don't ask).

Completely flawless.

Steve