Re: Mouse and keyboard drivers in the Linux Kernel?

Vojtech Pavlik (vojtech@twilight.ucw.cz)
Fri, 28 May 1999 13:24:18 +0200

On Thu, May 27, 1999 at 04:51:16AM -0500, Vilain, Sam wrote:

> Is this driver going to turn off the AT -> XT keycode translation in the
> 8042? (ie, bit 6 of the command register)

Yes, and not only that, it also switches the keyboard to codeset 3 if possible
to avoid PS/2 -> AT keycode conversion. (The default setup without my patches
is that the keyboard does PS/2 -> AT conversion and the i8042 does AT -> XT
conversion. This really messes it up, and that's why the current pc_keyb.c
is so complex).

Vojtech