Re: Tracking exec'd processes.

Mike A. Harris (mharris@ican.net)
Sat, 29 May 1999 19:31:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 30 May 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

>> That assumes I am using it for security purposes - and I am not.
>
>man acct. The process accounting tools read records, and ask the kernel
>to provide records for each process on completion
>
>> I'm interested in seeing what things are executed on the system,
>> and when, just for informational purposes more than anything.
>
>Then you want the kernel process accounting feature and tools

Allright, thanks. A few others responded as well, and it sounds
like the BSD process accounting is exactly what I wanted. I've
read the docs, and will be trying it out shortly.

Thanks!
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris                   Linux advocate      GNU advocate
Computer Consultant                          Open Source advocate

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot...