Re: serial callout devices

david parsons (o.r.c@p.e.l.l.p.o.r.t.l.a.n.d.o.r.u.s)
2 Jun 1999 17:35:52 -0700

In article <linux.kernel.199906010308.XAA19627@dcl.mit.edu>,
Theodore Y. Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 31 May 1999 10:49:45 +0200,
> miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg) wrote:
> >stty -F /dev/ttyS1 clocal
>
> The -F flag is not supported by stty. At least not in
> sh-utils-1.16-23.i386.rpm, the latest Redhat version. Users have to
> build their own version to get the -F flag.
>
>That's because I submitted the patches to the FSF Shellutils maintainer
>over a year ago, and by the maintainer's own admission, he's been
>lame.....

That won't help me; my Linux distribution doesn't use GNU stty.

I've got a short memory; just why are the cua devices officially
obsolete now? Why not just leave the cua devices in and avoid
years of `stty doesn't work on my machine anymore' reports.

____
david parsons \bi/ Backwards compatability is good.
\/