Re: Pentium III's SSE instructions

Kurt Garloff (garloff@suse.de)
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 03:09:43 +0200

--NMuMz9nt05w80d4+

On Tue, Jun 01, 1999 at 09:00:11PM -0400, I Lee Hetherington wrote:
> Aaron Tiensivu wrote:
>=20
> > Binutils would be your best bet for actually using the SSE ops, but the
> > 2.2.1 patch posted earlier goes in cleanly to 2.2.10-pre1 except for the
> > small patch to Configure.help, but that's no big deal.
>=20
> Thanks. Yes, I have binutils that support SSE instructions. Where is th=
e 2.2.1
> patch? I found an earlier patch, but it doesn't go in cleanly with 2.2.9=
(one
> easily fixable reject in arch/i386/kernel/setup.c). This sounds like a d=
ifferent
> version of the patch then.

Please ask Ingo Molnar to put a recent version on some accessible placce
(ftp or http-site).
I found some problems with FPU saving for multithreaded apps, which Ingo
fixed, but that happended after the 2.2.1 patch was sent to the list.

I can mail you the latest version, which I got: fx-2.2.5-A4 from 16th of
April 1999. It works perfectly here. Ingo certainly has more recent version=
s.

Regards,
--=20
Kurt Garloff <garloff@suse.de> SuSE GmbH, N=FCrnberg, FRG
Linux kernel development; SCSI driver: DC390 (tmscsim/AM53C974)

--NMuMz9nt05w80d4+

--NMuMz9nt05w80d4+--