Re: Warning: /boot/System.map has an incorrect kernel version.

Robert Schiele (rschiele@uni-mannheim.de)
Thu, 03 Jun 1999 23:39:32 +0200

Douglas Elznic wrote:

> Hello,
> I recently installed redhat 6.0 on one of my boxes. I then upgraded my kernel
> (no rpm I hate rpming kernels) to 2.2.9. Everytime I run top ps or a bunch of
> other programs I get the following warning:
> Warning: /boot/System.map has an incorrect kernel version.
> I have never seen this before and I think I did everything like normal...
> Can anyone explain this to me? I started to think about it and I do not know
> what any of the files in /boot do...
> Thanks a lot...

System.map is a list of symbol names in the kernel. Some tools use this
information. So you should just copy /usr/src/linux/System.map to
/boot/System.map after compiling and installing a new kernel. That's
all.

Robert

--
Robert Schiele			mailto:rschiele@uni-mannheim.de