Re: Sangoma Wanpipe in 2.2.X working?

Christopher E. Brown (cbrown@denalics.net)
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 07:06:36 -0800 (AKDT)

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> A couple of weeks ago there was an issue with the Sangoma updates causing
> a loss of connectivity after a couple of days. I looked into the sources
> and an old release is still in 2.2.9.
>
> Is the current wanpipe stuff working? I am thinking about upgrading a
> 2.0.35 system to 2.2.X. Wait or go ahead with it? It is the major router
> for our campus network. The rest of our linux boxes are already on 2.2.X
> and seem to be working fine.

If you were using the included driver you need to update it. Pick
up the updated patches from Sangoma. We have a 2.2.7 + new Sangoma patch
in staging running 8 100Mbit ether (K6-3 450, 192M ECC, boots off flash to
ramdrive, 2 ANA6944TX quad cards, 1 Sangoma S508/FT1, and a Wavelan 915mhz
wireless ether), working ok so far but have not abused the Frame link yet.

----
First Law of System Requirements:
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you're talking about..."