Re: 2.3 wish: integrate pcmcia into mainstream kernel

George (greerga@nidhogg.ham.muohio.edu)
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 13:35:47 -0400 (EDT)

On 4 Jun 1999, Chris Adams wrote:

>Once upon a time, Mark Lord <mlord@pobox.com> said:
>>But, as Linus says, how many laptops come with only 8MB these days?
>
>It isn't just about laptops - that install CD should install on all
>computers. There are lots of computers around that have 8MB (or less)
>that people want to install Linux on - that's one of the attractions of
>Linux: you can do more stuff with less hardware.

I believe his point was that laptops (and computers) with 8 MB are so old
that they don't boot from CD anyway. Thus, you put the initrd-lite on the
floppy.

My Toshiba 4MB laptop doesn't even _have_ a CD-ROM.

-George Greer