Re: [Masq-dev] Use daddr and dport as hash keys for faster masq redirector!

John D. Hardin (jhardin@wolfenet.com)
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 17:20:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 5 Jun 1999, Julian Anastasov wrote:

> Current hashing in ip_masq_m_tab[IP_MASQ_TAB_SIZE] and
> ip_masq_s_tab[IP_MASQ_TAB_SIZE] is inadequate for virtual server,

{snip}

> I thing it is possible and preferable all masq entries with
> IP_MASQ_F_MPORT flag set to be hashed in ip_masq_hash/ip_masq_unhash
> using daddr and dport as keys:
>
> ip_masq_hash_key(ms->protocol, ms->maddr^ms->daddr, ms->mport^ms->dport)

erm, no. A more flexible and general solution would be to add a
destination lookup table as well as source and masq, and have the
ability to look up by hashing the source address and port from inbound
packets into the destination lookup table.

I had to do this to implement certain features of IPSec masquerade.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ                               jhardin@wolfenet.com
 pgpk -a finger://gonzo.wolfenet.com/jhardin    PGP key ID: 0x41EA94F5