Re: Rio fs

Jes Sorensen (Jes.Sorensen@cern.ch)
03 Nov 1999 10:44:48 +0100

> Most likely due to lack of knowledge about parport from the
> author's side ... well thats my guess at least. Doing it for
> other reasons is broken.

Steven> No, a lot of the Rio utilities are meant to be portable, and
Steven> the parport driver only exists in Linux, and will require
Steven> additional kernel code to boot (as I understand it). I'll be
Steven> using it for riofs, but not until I figure it out.

Wrong, now the code is non portable because it only works on
Linux/ia32 and not on all the other architectures. Had it been using
parport this would not have been a problem.

Hitting device registers like this from user land is _bad_ and non
portable.

Jes