Re: Specifying properly the PCI driver model on all linux architectur

Adrian Cox (apc@agelectronics.co.uk)
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 13:46:57 +0000

Peter Desnoyers wrote:
> > Adrian> 1) Using the contents of base_address[] as an offset when
> > Adrian> mmapping /dev/mem from userspace?
> > I would probably go for using virt_to_bus(ioremap(base_address[]))
> > here.

> For mmaping in the kernel, fbmem seems to be definitive - you use
> io_remap_page_range, and pass in the *input* to ioremap, not the
> output.

/dev/mem also uses remap_page_range, so the only difference is that
fb_mmap contains a frightening number of #ifdefs on machine type. Maybe
I should take this as evidence that I'm safe here.

- Adrian Cox, AG Electronics