Re: move block #A to block #B on a given device.

Tigran Aivazian (tigran@sco.COM)
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 07:59:00 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks for your replies, guys. I will follow your advices.
Moreover, in my case, I need to write a function that atomically moves a
contiguous range of blocks from one range to another (on the same device).

If you think it may be used by anything outside my need (BFS is a
contiguous filesystem so to extend a file beyond the currently allocated
last block it *may* have to move it to a gap) then I can put it in
fs/buffer.c and export it instead of making static to my module.

But for now I will make it static to my module.

Regards,
------
Tigran A. Aivazian | http://www.sco.com
Escalations Research Group | tel: +44-(0)1923-813796
Santa Cruz Operation Ltd | http://www.ocston.org/~tigran