Trying to get OOPS debugging connection working over serial null modem cable.

From: Jeff Moyer (moyer@mclinux.com)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 21:03:09 EST

Hi Miles,

==> Regarding Trying to get OOPS debugging connection working over serial null modem cable.; Miles Lane <miles@speakeasy.org> adds:

miles> The problem is that I am getting no kernel messages showing up in
miles> minicom. I have an OOPS that I want to capture on the debugging
miles> machine. The dump is quite long and since the crash only gives me
miles> what I see on the screen, I really need this serial connection
miles> working.

       My guess is that you did not enable support for console on serial
       port in your kernel setup. It is listed under the character devices
       section. Hope this helps!

Warmest Regards,

Jeff Moyer
http://www.missioncriticallinux.com