Re: chroot_fs_refs() question

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@veritas.com)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 09:48:18 EST

> > But doesn't the same applies to dput(old_pwd) which can still block in
> > each individual set_fs_pwd()? Or, there must be some trick you've done
> > that I am missing from looking at the source - hence this email..
>
> Erm.. _What_ old_pwd? Check the code - especially the comparison before
> set_fs_pwd() call...

ah, ok, in that specific case old_pwd == old_root so there is no problem,
but I wanted to apply your set_fs_pwd() function in general case, for
arbitrary tsk->fs->pwd.

So, I think the answer is - there is no bug in chroot_fs_refs() because of
that specific case, but, in general set_fs_pwd() may block. Right?

Thanks,
Tigran