Re: Linux 2.3.99pre9-2 JOB list

From: Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 20:50:26 EST

On Wed, 17 May 2000, David Ford wrote:

> > To Do But Non Showstopper
>
> 2.3.99-pre9-1, I'm able to mount the floppy any given number of times over and
> over without unmounting it. No errors seem to happen and umount needs to happen
> for each mount before the device is no longer in use.

And that's a bug which way? Yes, we have multiple mounts now. Yes, fs is
busy until you undo each mount (obviously). Yes, you can mount over the
mountpoint. You are getting precisely what you are asking for - operation
used to be illegal, but now it's perfectly OK. So it succeeds. What's the
problem?