Re: IBM DB2 failures in 2.4.0-test*

From: Urban Widmark (urban@svenskatest.se)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 19:22:14 EST

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

> > + shm changes, what versions had major changes, ... I'd like to try and
> > find which version it stops working. (just guessing, but db2 likes ipc a
> > lot)
>
> There are big shm changes but they shouldnt be too visible. And semop stuff
> is unrelated

Any ideas on when those first appeared in 2.3?

> > + someone to say stop if ipc/whatever is supposed to be binary
> > incompatible with 2.2.
>
> It should be totally compatible. Does a current 2.2.16pre work ?

Ok, just wanted to know if it was supposed to break :)

Looks like 2.2.16-pre5 is the latest one I have been testing with, and
that one is ok. And so are other 2.2's (2.2.14, 2.2.13?, 2.2.16-pre2).

I have a few pointers saying that it may be something known (one is to an
"Al Viro, open on socket not failing as it should" thread the last week).

I'll probably try to run a "test which version it breaks in" and see if I
understand anything. Unless there is an -ac12 before that which fixes it
all. :)

/Urban