Re: (reiserfs) Re: Red Hat (was Re: reiserfs)

From: Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH (allbery@kf8nh.apk.net)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 13:06:12 EST

On 06/12/00 19:47:12 +0200 Xuan Baldauf <xuan--reiserfs@baldauf.org> wrote:
+-----
| > > have a stock SuSE system, but sometimes need updates. At first, I'll
| search at > > rpmfind.net and usually I can find a new version, but only
| for RedHat or > > RawHide. Installing and upgrading is mostly fine for
+--->8

(much discussion deleted)

Just to insert a counterpoint: when I ran a Red Hat system, my searches of
rpmfind.net had an annoying tendency to turn up SuSE or Mandrake packages
instead of Red Hat packages. That particular problem hits both ways.

(So, for that matter, does the /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions: show me
/etc/rc.config and SuSEconfig on Red Hat. :)

If it really bothers me, I download the source and create an RPM source
package for it.

That said, this stuff really isn't linux-kernel subject matter....

--
brandon s. allbery       os/2,linux,solaris,perl       allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator   kthkrb,heimdal,gnome,rt,cyrus    allbery@ece.cmu.edu