Re: (reiserfs) Re: Red Hat (was Re: reiserfs)

From: Chris Evans (chris@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 11:33:27 EST

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, James Sutherland wrote:

> > I don't even use reiserfs, but (like Voltaire) I'll defend to the death
> > the right of any driver at an acceptable level of development to be
> > included.
>
> Not straight into a stable kernel series during a code freeze, I hope.

James,

Will you _please_ desist in wielding the term "code freeze" erroneously.
As I'm sure you know, a code freeze is not a black and white situation.
You will have noticed this if you've observed Linux kernel development for
any length of time.

In fact several posts of yours have used the term code freeze, adapted to
suit your own needs.

The reiserfs call belongs to Linus. Your whining about whether or not we
are in a code freeze will be completely irrelevant to his decision, so
why bother?

Chris