XFree86 4.0 and 2.4.0-test4

From: James Simmons (jsimmons@acsu.buffalo.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 23 2000 - 10:32:39 EST

After much work I have the following results:

The XFree86 3.3.6 servers , both XF86_Fbdev and XF86_SVGA, work correctly
with the patch I sent in. I then tested test4 with XFree86 4.X. With
vgacon when I VC switch the colors are messed up in several different
ways. For the ATI I noticed the colors where inverted. Then I tried the
XFree86 4.X with different fbdev drivers. Each fbdev driver showed no
problem with the color palette. From this the XFree86 4.X servers are
broke in that they don't properly reset the color palette themselves
before VC switching. So I recommend the patch stay in and that the XFree86
team fix this problem before the distributions start using XFree86 4.X.

Q: Why did they deprecate a.out support in linux?
A: Because a nasty coff is bad for your elf.

James Simmons [jsimmons@linux-fbdev.org] ____/|
fbdev/console/gfx developer \ o.O|
http://www.linux-fbdev.org =(_)=