FTP Error

From: SoloCDM (deedsmis@aculink.net)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 19:53:13 EST

When I ftp to a remote site, then execute any command at the remote
host prompt, I get errors that all agree upon the same things: illegal
PORT command, no PORT specified.

I am masquerading down-stream from the firewall in the local network.
It is my understanding that I will need to activate some modules to
allow ftp to operate normally on a remote host outside our local
network. Would someone give me answers to this issue?