Re: Rik van Riel's VM patch

From: Peter Rival (frival@zk3.dec.com)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 16:38:55 EST

"Jeff V. Merkey" wrote:

> Someone tell Rik to get his hands on a copy of AIMS-7 and start
> benchmarking his VM so when the SCO Unix numbers hit the street, we've
> got a rebuttal and fix dates to tell folks.

That's going to be tough - AIM as a company is out of business (just go to
www.aim.com and be surprised ;). And not to get off-topic, but there are bigger
problems with AIM7 tests than the VM (like the fact that they have hundreds of
runnable processes at any given time which our global run queue doesn't handle
well). Really - pick something like SPECWeb99...oh, wait - we already destroy
the competition there... :)

 - Pete (still looking for a complete systemic test that's like AIM only more
realistic)