Re: Whining about MIME formatted email

From: Albert D. Cahalan (acahalan@cs.uml.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 22:59:42 EST

Ragnar Hojland Esp writes:
> On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 11:10:13PM +0200, Kurt Garloff wrote:
> > Stop making stupid statements like this, please, and comparing well-d=
> efined
> > RFC standards with proprietary formats.=20
> > MIME is a way for people that happen to use non 7bit characters to be=
> able
> > to print their name correctly, even in presence of MTAs somewhere in =
> between
>
> You can say it louder but you can't say it clearer. I'd love to know t=
> hat
> my surname shows up correctly everywhere. <asbestos> BTW, mutt shows M=
> IME
> patches in plain text without any problems </>

That would be the "H=F8jland" in your .sig, right?
No problem, '=' is a standard character.

My MUA has been RFC-compliant since before this "MIME" thing existed,
so I can see the full ASCII character set. That includes the carat,
underscore, back tick, backslash, vertical bar, at symbol, octothorpe,
and both braces.