Re: Proposal: Linux Kernel Patch Management System

From: Cort Dougan (cort@fsmlabs.com)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 16:38:23 EST

} Second, I doubt very much that Linus would require BitKeeper only. It's
} trivial for BK to export patches which are bit for bit identical to the
} traditional "diff -Nur" output. BKweb does that on the fly, go look at
}
} http://www.bitmover.com:5001/patch@1.74

In fact, we do diff -uNr patches nightly at
ftp://www.fsmlabs.com/pub/linuxppc/ as well as exports to a rsync tree.

} for example. I wouldn't expect Linus to require you to use BitKeeper, and
} I wouldn't want you to be using BitKeeper because of that, I'd want you using
} it because it saves you time and effort.