Re: test9-pre1 hang when loading scsi-ide cdrom

From: Kenneth Johansson (ken@canit.se)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 14:04:55 EST

Frank van de Pol wrote:

> Just experienced a (reproducable) hang of the system when loading the
> drivers for my cdrom drives. (ide-cd and ide-scsi). System freezes
> completely; interupts / alt-sysreq is still working.

> It appears to me that something breaks during the init/registration of these
> devices. Any hint/tips to pinpoint the problem?

If it worked for you in test8 the only thing that changed is that in sr.c the
init_sr() function been maked with __init and the exit_sr() with __exit. You
could test removing them (__init and __exit that is not the function) it should
not matter but it's all I could find :(

By the way it works for me and I compile sr as a module mybe you don't ?