Re: 2.4.0 config breaks /dev/fd0* major/minor ?

From: Jeffrey Rose (Jeffrey.Rose@t-online.de)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 05:11:08 EST

Christian Gennerat wrote:

> Jeff Garzik a écrit :
>
> > Jeffrey Rose wrote:
> > > I get a wrong major/minor reported when attempting
> > > to mount /dev/fd0 ...
> >
> > Sounds like it can't find the floppy driver, for whatever reason...
> >

> I have seen this message, new with 2.4.0-2mdk
> (before I have 2.4.0-0.15mdk)
> but only on one PC.
> I have 2 PC, with same hardware, same PCMCIA config
> The first have mandrake 7.2 Odissey, and the modules
> floppy and floppy_cs are loaded, and /mnt/floppy is mounted
> The second have mandrake 7.1 Helium, and the modules
> fail during init. and I have this message:
> 'mount: /dev/fd0 has wrong major or minor number'
>
> Problem of compatibility of some library?

Still checking ...

I also want to mention that the physical drive light *does* indicate
partial success at some level of access, but mounting fails due to the
major/minor problem. I am trying to determine if this is a kernel-CONFIG
or a kernel-SPECIFIC problem I have encountered with this 2.4.0 upgrade.

Jeff

--
<Jeffrey.Rose@t-online.de>
KEYSERVER=wwwkeys.de.pgp.net