Re: 2.4.0 config breaks /dev/fd0* major/minor ?

From: Christian Gennerat (christian.gennerat@vz.cit.alcatel.fr)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 05:10:23 EST

Jeff Garzik a écrit :

> Jeffrey Rose wrote:
> > I get a wrong major/minor reported when attempting
> > to mount /dev/fd0 ...
>
> Sounds like it can't find the floppy driver, for whatever reason...

I have seen this message, new with 2.4.0-2mdk
(before I have 2.4.0-0.15mdk)
but only on one PC.
I have 2 PC, with same hardware, same PCMCIA config

The first have mandrake 7.2 Odissey, and the modules
floppy and floppy_cs are loaded, and /mnt/floppy is mounted
modutils-2.4.1-1mdk

The second have mandrake 7.1 Helium, and the modules
fail during init. and I have this message:
'mount: /dev/fd0 has wrong major or minor number'
modutils-2.3.21-2mdk (the last rpm-3)

Problem of compatibility of some library?