Re: OOPS when switching consoles while closing X.

From: Matt Johnston (lkml4@caifex.org)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 11:22:33 EST

Ok.

I had -ac20 sources installed, but was using -ac17 results, so I guess it
would look wrong...

Attached now is the -ac20 ksymoops output, using correct System.map, though
I'm not sure about:

"Warning (compare_maps): ksyms_base symbol
__VERSIONED_SYMBOL(shmem_file_setup) not found in System.map. Ignoring
ksyms_base entry"

Is this normal?

I've also attached the -ac20 dmesg.
The oops seems to occur most often when X has heavy disk activity, probably
swapping (64 megs RAM here).

Cheers,
Matt Johnston