Re: Architecture-specific include files

From: Jes Sorensen (jes@linuxcare.com)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 20:51:39 EST

>>>>> "Matthew" == Matthew Wilcox <matthew@wil.cx> writes:

Matthew> Something which came up in one of the hallway discussions at
Matthew> the kernelsummit was that a lot of the architecture
Matthew> maintainers would find it more convenient if the
Matthew> arch-specific header files were moved from include/asm-$ARCH
Matthew> to arch/$ARCH/include. Since we use a symlink _anyway_, no
Matthew> global changes to include statements are necessary, we'd
Matthew> merely need to change Makefile from

[snip]

Matthew> Would anyone have a problem with this change? It'll make for
Matthew> a hell of a big patch from Linus, but it really will simplify
Matthew> the lives of the architecture maintainers.

I don't see what it saves, except for the fact you just have to run
diff -urN once instead of twice when you want to send Linus a large
diff. Or am I missing something?

Jes