Re: Updated Linux kernel preemption patches

From: Robert Love (rml@tech9.net)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 16:18:57 EST

ahhh I think I got it. nevermind the bit about CONFIG_PREEMPT not being
set, that is not it (as I am sure you all know).

The problem is that dec_and_lock.c is not being compiled (or at least
the object isnt being included). I believe this is caused by having bad
dependencies. My .depend has a dependency to compile the object -- I
wager your's does not.

So... did you rerun `make dep' ?

If not, try a fresh kernel tree and make sure to do `make oldconfig dep
clean' after patching.

Please let me know because I am trying to track this down, and I don't
have it happening to me. I think this should do it.

Of note, I will release a patch against 2.4.9-ac2 and 2.4.10-pre1 soon.

--
Robert M. Love
rml at ufl.edu
rml at tech9.net