Re: copy to suer space

From: Luís Henriques (lhenriques@criticalsoftware.com)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 13:44:08 EST

> Maybe if you describe the actual problem that you are trying to solve, and
> not the actual way you are trying to solve it, there may be a better
> method. Usually, if something you are trying to do is very hard to do,
> there is a different (much better) way of doing it.
>
> Cheers, Andreas

OK, here it goes:

I'm developping a kernel module that needs to delay a process, that is, he
receives a PID and, when a specific event occurs, that process shall be
delayed. This delay shall be done in a way that the process keeps burning CPU
time (it can not be, e.g., put in a waiting-list...).
The solution I found was to change its code segment, putting a loop in it.
After a specified period of time, the original code must be restored and the
process must keep going as nothing happened.
The main problem I found was already explained: can't write to the CS!

--
Luís Henriques