Re: [patch] scheduler cache affinity improvement in 2.4 kernels by Ingo Molnar

From: Samium Gromoff (_deepfire@mail.ru)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 06:47:06 EST

           So as i see the patch in question is being hit in its weakest
    place by that enormous 10 billion thread benchmark.
    Indeed that weakest place is the added overhead which effects the
    heavy scheduling load.
      I look at it as at absolutely worst case. And even in this worst
    case we still have a win on a 8-way smp... I`d like to see some
    more real-life benchmarks on the issue...

      Maybe the tester lose the point, cause the patch was not pointed
   to improve the scheduling itself, but to reduce the loss of improper
   scheduling - ie cache thrashing.

cheers, Samium Gromoff